Currently Windows 7 is undoubtedly one of the most popular operating systems used among peoples. So many of you have always been keen to do work in a hurry. Work in a hurry means using shortcuts (well sometimes shortcuts might become log cuts), still working on Windows 7 with shortcuts will really help everyone.
Windows 7 Taskbar Shortcuts:
- Win + number (1-9): starts the application pinned to the to the taskbar in that position and when applications are already running it switches to those applications.
- Win + Space: all windows become transparent (uses “Aero peek”), so that desktop can be seen.
- Win + R: it will open the “Run dialog”.
- Win + T: will focus to the first item on the taskbar and pressing again and again will scroll to the next items on the taskbar.
- Win + Shift + T: will focus to the last item on the taskbar and pressing again and again will scroll to the next items on the taskbar.
- Ctrl+Click on a grouped taskbar button: it will cycle through the windows of the group.
- Ctrl+Shift+Click on a taskbar button: opens a program as an administrator.
- Shift+Click on a taskbar button: launches a new instance of an application.
- Shift+Right-click on a grouped taskbar button: shows the window menu for the group (menus will depend upon whether the application is running or has multiple instances open).
Windows 7 Management Shortcuts:
- Win + Home: minimizes all the windows except the active one.
- Win+Left/Right arrows: Dock the window to each side of monitor.
- Shift+Win+Left/Right arrows: Move a window from one monitor to another, keeping them in the same relative location to the monitor’s top-left origin.
- Win+Up Arrow: maximize the window.
- Win+Down Arrow: Minimize the window/Restore the window if it’s maximized.
- Win + (plus key): Zoom in using windows Magnifier.
- Win + (minus key): Zoom out using windows Magnifier.
- Win+U: Opens the Ease of Access Center.
- Win+D: Show/hide the desktop.
- Win+F: Opens the Search Results window.
- Win+L: Locks the computer.
- Win+B: Sets focus to the “Show hidden icons” button on the task bar.
- Win+M: Minimizes all windows.
- Win+Ctrl+F: Opens the Active Directory Find Computers dialog.
Windows Explorer Shortcuts:
- Win+P: Adjust presentation settings for your display.
- Win+E: Opens Windows Explorer.
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel: changes the view/zoom of the windows explorer.
- Shift + right click on mouse: it will display an extended context menu.
- Win+X: opens Windows Mobility Center.
- Win+G: brings gadgets to the top of the Z-order.
Tags: Windows 7
Trackback from your site.