Samsung launched new smartphone with 4.3 inch touchscreen running on Android Jelly Bean 4.1. This smartphone is of galaxy series known as “Samsung Galaxy Core.” The smartphone is focused for “ideal portability”.
Samsung Galaxy Core Specifications
- Display: 4.3-inch WVGA TFT LCD touchscreen with a 480 x 800-pixel resolution.
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.1
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor
- Memory and Storage: 8 GB internal storage and 1 GB RAM. Storage is expandable upto 64 GB using a Micro-SD card.
- Camera: 5 MP rear end camera with LED flash. Front camera is VGA.
- Speed: HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0
- Battery: 1800 mAh battery.
This smartphone has 1 GB RAM and 1.2 GHz dual core processor which is enough for running apps and most of the games (not enough to run heavy games). This smartphone can easily handle multitasking.
The rear camera is 5 MP which supports features like Best Photo, Continuous, Panorama, Share shot, Smile Shot, Cartoon. The front camera being VGA looked to be somewhat negative factor.
Samsung Galaxy Core Features
- Smart Stay: This is an advanced facial recognition technology which recognizes when user is looking at phone. While user doesn’t look on phone it saves battery life by dimming the screen.
- Smart Alert: This feature alerts the user about the missed calls and messages when he/she picks up the phone.
- Motion UI: It activates functions like refresh or mute with simple motion commands.
Samsung Galaxy Core is aimed for mid range markets and it will be available in two different version, Single Sim and Dual Sim.
Dual Sim version will be rolled out in month May while Single Sim version will be rolled out in month of July. The availability of the versions will depend upon the market.
Tags: Samsung Galaxy