For a WordPress blog starter, numerous questions arises in his mind. One of them is “What Plugins I need at present ?” This same question I also had while starting the Technoxpad blog. It took me some time to list up and install the plugins. But for Technoxpad followers I am providing you the list along with the reasons you need those plugins.
Plugins must have for WordPress Blog
- Akismet: This plugin is specially designed to handle the comment spam on your blog. The Akismet plugin checks the comments against the Akismet web service and checks whether the comment looks like spam or not. Post Akismet plugin activation you will need to get the API key from their website to activate the web service. So get the Akismet plugin and also visit their website for more details, Akismet.com.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: This plugin has all major features to look after you search engine optimisation (SEO) needs. After you save or publish your post, it analyses the post using Lindex page analysis function, which is inbuilt and shows you what you are lagging or have missed in the post. With this plugin you can also control which page to appear on Google search results. Plenty of features are available with this Plugin for improving SEO. Get this Plugin WordPress-SEO.
- WP-DBManager: For smooth running of your wordpress blog you need to have Database optimized. This plugin helps you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Out of these you need to have regular optmize, repair and backup the database. Find this plugin here, WP-DBManager.
- W3 Total Cache: Caching is something you need most when your visitor number grows for smooth loading of blog. Caching also helps to reduce load on the hosting server, especially if you are using shared hosting. Get this plugin here, W3 Total Cache.
- Google XML-sitemaps: As a blogger you know that getting into Google search will need you to submit xml sitemap in its webmaster tools. The Google XML sitemap generator by Anne Brachhold will do the needful. It will generate xml sitemap and also update it every time you update or publish new post. You can get the plugin here, Google XML-Sitemaps.
- WPTouch: Now days the wordpress blog must be mobile device ready because of increasing use of mobile devices. WPTouch is a very good plugin which will transform your blog for mobile phones easily. You can get this plugin here, WPTouch.
There are many plugins which can be useful for your blog. But remember one thing, having more plugin will mean decrease in performance of your Blog. More plugins will mean increase in load to database server. So always install only the required plugins and try to keep the plugin list count least as possible.