Google Nexus 7, the most awaited tablet this year is finally out from the box. Going through the specs and overall look, there are few additions. The new Nexus 7 second generation tablet is manufactured by Asus.
Whats New in the second generation Google Nexus 7?
- The display is sharper because now resolution is 1920 x 1200 pixels and pixel density of 323 ppi.
- Improved sound quality with dual stereo speakers for virtual surround sound.
- Weighs lighter than first generation model.
- Almost 2 millimeters thinner than first generation.
- Addition of rear camera of 5 MP.
- Nexus 7 is the first device to feature Android 4.3
- Will feature latest charging technology, Wireless charging built-in (Qi compatible).
Google Nexus 7 Second generation Specs
- Display: 7 inch diagonal LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and 1080 HD.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor.
- GPU: Adreno 320 GPU.
- Memory: 2GB RAM.
- Camera: front camera is of 1.2 megapixel and rear camera is of 5 megapixel with auto focus.
- Operating System: Android 4.3
- Connectivity: dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0
- Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light.
- Storage: 16GB or 32 GB.
- Battery: 3950 mAh
The new Nexus 7 comes with lots of improvements and features. There are three variants of the tablet that will be available in US starting July 30, 2013. There is one sad thing, the tablet has no expansion slot available.
The three variants are,
- 16GB Wi-Fi only variant is priced at $229
- 32GB Wi-Fi only model is priced at $269
- 32GB 4G-LTE version will cost $349
It looks like that Google knows the value of launching android based products in India early. The Google Nexus India is displaying the device as coming soon on its website. Just to get notified you need to enter your email id and press the submit button.