During the launch of Motorola Moto G smartphone, upgrade to KitKat was promised. Google kept its promise and released the Android 4.4 KitKat update to Moto G. This news was published on the official Motorola blog.
Initially during the Motorola Moto G launch, it was Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Now the update will make it Android 4.4.2 KitKat. As with every update there are new additions too in this Android version.
After Android 4.4 Kitkat update, Moto G will feature
- Improvements – After updated with Android Kitkat, Moto G will get restyled status and navigation bars. A new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support will be added. The update will ensure stronger security and smarter power use.
- Accessory – This will add support for Square credit card reader.
- Phone Dialler – Improved phone dialler will feature capability to lookup the contacts directly from the dial pad.
- Camera – An on-screen control will be added. This control can be dragged around the viewfinder to adjust photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – New photo editing options have been added to Gallery app. New filter effects provide facility for you to draw on your photos, advanced cropping and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast.
- Printing documents and picture – Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, Gmail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – Now SMS/ MMS capability is integrated into the new version of Hangouts.
The new Android 4.4 KitKat update is being rolled out OTA (Over The Air) having size 230.7 MB (approx). The Moto G users will receive notifications about this update. If they haven’t received the notification yet then users can try the below given steps to manually search for update.
Motorola Moto G users require to follow these steps to gets their smartphone updated.
- Goto “Settings” and click the “About phone” option (you will find it at the bottom).
- Now click the “System Updates”.
- Here you have done it as the system will show you the new update.
- Select “Download”.
- After it is downloaded, select “Install”.
- As the update gets installed, phone will restart automatically.
Note: Before updating ensure that your are connected to internet. For best result use Wi-Fi connection.
Also, if you don’t find any update, then don’t get stressed because the update is being rolled out in different stages, so wait for your turn.
Moto G smartphone recently received update in India, which is currently available exclusively on Flipkart.com (online store). Moto G was launched in India on Feb 5, 2014 on Flipkart.