Micromax Canvas 4 is finally launched on 8th July 2013. The expectations were quite high for this smart phone and the official specification got finally revealed on the launch day. Earlier Micromax started pre-booking for the smart phone. Micromax Canvas 4 specification were rumored at the time of pre-booking as company didn’t disclosed anything.
Micromax Canvas 4 specification
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- OS: Android 4.2.1
- Sim: Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Processor:1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM and 16 GB inbuilt memory
- Camera: 13MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery
- Vertical Panorama: The 13 megapixel rear camera is capable of capturing vertical panorama shots.
- Blow to Unlock: It is quite unusual way of unlocking feature. In this process you need to blow to unlock the phone. However another method is also provided to unlock the phone. For that you need to shake the phone.
- Video Pinning: In this process users can play the video in a small pop-up window, while performing some other activity.
- Smart Gestures: With this feature use can answer the call by just picking the phone up and can put the phone on silent mode by turning it upside down.
- Burst Mode: With this mode enabled the rear camera is able to take upto 99 pictures in less than 15 seconds.
Now the most important part, review of Micromax Canvas 4 specification and features.
While looking into the Micromax Canvas 4 specification, it was expected to have full HD (1080p) but user is getting 720p. The screen looks good having Gorilla Glass 2 protection. The RAM was expected to be 2GB at least, so I feel 1GB is not that sufficient. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2.1 (JellyBean) and that pretty impressive to have phone with latest OS. The 13 MP camera is great and the picture quality is quite good. Front camera is 5 megapixel is just an added bonus to users. The smartphone is lightweight and doesn’t feel odd while holding it.
Coming to features, I felt that “Blow to unlock” is not at all good. It looks that Micromax went too much innovative for this feature. Well another way to unlock, that is, by shaking the phone was satisfactory. The eye tracking feature by which the video gets paused while looking somewhere else, just as Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot be taken as innovative.
Now the price of Rs. 17999 comes as expected. Overall the smartphone is quite good and will find its place in the market. The package of specs and features is overall satisfactory and will attract the users.
For more details you may visit the Micromax website.