Samsung has announced another device in the Galaxy Tab series. The new tablet is named “Galaxy Tab 3” and Samsung has announced it officially in a press release on its website. The major attraction is its 7-inch display.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Specifications
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- Memory: 8/16GB Internal Memory, 1GB (RAM) and microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Display: 7 inch WSVGA(1024 x 600, 169 PPI) TFT
- Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Front facing camera is of 1.3 megapixel and rear facing camera is of 3 megapixel
- Network: 3G (HSPA＋21 / 5.76 Quad 850/900/1900/2100), 2G (EDGE/GPRS Quad 850/900/1800/1900)
- Video: playback of 1080p Full HD @30fps supports MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- Audio: supports MP3, OGG, AC3, AAC, AAC＋, eAAC＋, WMA, WAV, FLAC
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth® 3.0, USB 2.0
- Battery: Li-ion 4,000 mAH
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has some poweful features to enable better user experience.
- Easy Handgrip and portability
- Better Multimedia Performance
- Enhanced User Interface
Samsung mentioned in its press release that the “one hand grip form factor” of the device will let users hold the Tablet for hours and its compactness will let users store in pocket or small bags. The powerful processor and memory will let users download and share the videos, music and other data faster and easier. The enhanced UI will let user to share photos, videos, etc with just fews taps and swipes. The camera is equipped to better capture life’s moments with stunning clarity and resolution.
The 7-inch “Galaxy Tab 3” tablet will be available globally from next month(May 2013) onwards. The pricing of the tablet has not been unveiled by Samsung. Initially Samsung will rollout the Wi-Fi version from May 2013 and then from June 2013 onwards it will rollout the 3G variant. The availability of the product will be varied by market.