iPhone was introduced in 2007 and it was revolutionary thing at that time. Since then the operating system running on iPhone has undergone several changes to provide user faster response. The changes that took place in last few years were not a complete overhaul of the operating system. This time Apple has done a complete overhaul with iOS 7. iOS 7 is the latest version now available for upgrade on iPad and iPhone devices. iOS 7 has many design changes that will provide totally new experience yet familiar.
iOS 7 redesigned interface includes
- new icons.
- translucent menus.
- introduction of parallexing which means when there is a displacement of phone only part of the software move.
- now access key functions by using swipes instead of tapping them.
What’s new on iOS 7 ?
iOS 7 has introduced some new features like Control Center, AirDrop for iOS, and smarter multitasking.
- Control Center: It gives quick access to controls and apps. For accessing Control Center just swipe up from any screen including the lock screen. The controls you will be getting are, switch to turn on/off Airplane mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Do Not Disturb. Even you can adjust brightness of display and turn on flashlight.
- Notification Center: It provides you notifications about new mails, missed calls, to-dos, etc. To access the Notification Center just swipe down from any screen including the lock screen.
- Multitasking: With this user can perform several tasks at a time. It provides background updating of apps and preview of all running apps. To view preview screens of the apps, just press the Home button twice. iOS 7 is also intelligent while updating as it will schedule the updates during power efficient times like when device is on and connected to Wi-Fi. This will improve performance of battery.
- Camera: The new camera interface supports four modes still, video, panorama and square photo mode. It also offers live filter previewing on still and square modes.
- Photos: iOS 7 uses the data of each photos and videos to sort them according to time and place. Just tap years and your screen will fill up with shots of that particular year. Each year hold collections like your trip to some place, etc. Now if you want to share your photos and videos then use iCloud. Just create a shared stream and it automatically appears on everyone’s iOS devices.
- AirDrop: With iOS 7 sharing photos or documents is quite easy, just tap share and select the person you want to share with. AirDrop will do the needful and share everything you want using Wi-Fi and Blutooth. Also, no need to worry about security as the transmission is encrypted between devices.
- Safari: The smart browser now features unified search field. Also, switching between tabs is easy now as the new tab view shows the open web pages in consolidated manner letting you to scroll from tab to tab effortlessly.
- iTunes Radio: This service offers free internet radio stations. Build new stations by adding artists and songs or skipping music you don’t like.
- Siri: New sound, new look and new capabilities this is what Siri, the voice assistant now offers. Siri can now handle more commands and Siri can search on Bing, Wikipedia, and Twitter.
- App Store: Now the app store provides suggestions based on users location. This has been possible with the introduction of new section called Popular Near Me allowing user to find out popular apps in his/her current location. Their is also a new Kids category which allows user to browse and buy apps based on age.
- iOS in the Car: iOS Siri feature integrates into selected models of car offering eye free and hands free satellite navigation.
iOS 7 is compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad with retina display and iPad mini. iPod touch 5th generation will also be able to get the taste of new operating system. Now if you want to get the taste of all new iOS 7 then just check “Software Update” section on your device in the settings under “General” section.
Looking at the new features and overall look of iOS 7 it is clear that Android 4.3 is sure getting tough competition this time. Apple has covered the major requirement with this new upgrade.